This week I wanted to share something simple + easy.
One of my favourtie recipes which has been with me since the start of Miss Bliss over 2 years ago - we use it to top our chia pots, lather over nut + seed loaf and just an all round topper for any breakfast or sweet dish.
You can make this with pretty much any fruit, I like to add a little bit of coconut sugar to my berry based ones to take away from the tart taste.
Berry Chia jam is also a great gift around Christmas for a littler personal DIY touch.
BERRY CHIA JAM
Serve on out Nut + Seed Loaf or over breakfast muesli for a boost of good fats and protein.
What you will need:
- 500g of berries - frozen or fresh
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 TBSP coconut sugar (optional)
What to do:
- Place berries in a saucepan on medium to low heat
- Sprinkle in optional coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
- Cook for 25-35 minutes or until everything is broken down and reduced - stir occasionally
- Removed from heat and mix in chia seeds
- As the chia seeds absorb the liquid and the berries cool the mixture will thicken
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.