If you've experienced the joy from Chocolate Crackles when you were younger, you are going to LOVE our healthy version of CACAO POPS. You can put them on your favourite smoothie/smoothie bowl or even eat them on their own!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
100g activated buckwheat groats (buckinis)
170g dessicated coconut
170g rice puffs
170ml rice malt syrup/ maple syrup or your choice of liquid sweetener
pinch of salt
35g cacao powder
*PREHEAT over to 160 degrees - fan forced
1. Combine buckinis, coconut and rice puffs in a bowl - mix till evenly distributed - set aside
2. Over double boiler place the rest of the ingredients over low heat - mix till a smooth thin consistency is formed - be sure not to over heat!
3. Pour the liquid cacao mix over the dry buckwheat mix - fold through until everything is evenly covered
4. Evenly spread over a lined tray and pop into the oven for 9 minutes - stirring every 3 minutes
5. Let it cool and then break the mixture up into small pieces - or large chunks if that's how you like it :)
6. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks!
Enjoy ! xo