Most of us find it hard to keep up-to-date with the new “in” foods and just want a balanced whole foods diet.
We know whole grains are best for us, lean meats are a great source of complete protein, fresh fruit and vegies are packed with nutrients, herbs and spices are a great way to cut down on the unneccesary preservatives and fats.
But… there are a few foods that you can incorpoarte into your meals to help strengthen your immunity.
1. Onions: great for raising ‘good’ cholesterol levels, lowering high blood pressure and helping avoid blood clots.
2. Garlic: slows the growth of harmful bacteria, yeasts and fungi, lowers harmful LDL cholesterol and high blood pressure.
3. Broccoli: helps fight infections and viruses and is a powerful immunity booster.
4. Quinoa: A complete protein food that contains all the essential amino acids your body needs to build muscle and repair itself.
5. Kale: Bursting with essential vitamins and minerals, kale is fantastic for your skin and can slow premature ageing.
6. Wild salmon: contains lots of vitamin D and selenium for healthy hair, skin, nails and bones.
7. Nuts: rich in fibre, B vitamins, magnesium and antioxidants. Eating a handful of nuts five times a week reduces your risk of coronary heart disease.
8. Spinach: contains lots of phytonutrients and antioxidants including vitamins K, C and E, coenzyme Q10, folate, iron and carotenoids.
9. Sardines: high in omega-3 fatty acids and loaded with minerals including calcium, iron, zinc and manganese.
10. Eggs: a compact package of nutrition that provides every vitamin except vitamin C.
Anything else you want to hear on the blog? Let me know in the comments and Ill get straight onto it!